Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Sep 8, 2009 - New Addition to the ranch!



We have a new addition to the ranch!! Her name is Pam. She is a 16-3 Belgian Mare. She’s built like a tank!!! She’s gentle as can be, and loaded and unloaded from the trailer like a pro. She’s supposed to have some hitch experience so I can’t wait to get working her and see what she knows. She’s been in Lily’s hip pocket since we got her home. I think Lily is in heaven having a completely passive mare around her at all times. They seem to be getting along great. I’ll post a picture of both of them soon, but for now, enjoy the pics of Pam. She’s soooo wonderful! Such a sweetheart! I have to say a big THANK YOU to Bev at the Double M Warhorse Ranch!

I guess I should clarify a bit. Pam is NOT for my son. She is for me.

I am going to work with Pam, and see how she does with a saddle on. If she acts like Lily (doesn’t even seem to notice it’s on) and I can lead her with no issues, I may let the boy ride her (and by ride, I mean sit in the saddle while I lead the horse behind Lily) till I get him his own. I see this happening because of 2 things. 1- Lily is not a beginners horse to ride, and I am the only one I trust so far to be on her and in control, 2- Pam is so gentle and herd dependant, that she will go wherever Lily does, which means if I dally a lead rope from Pam to my back pocket, it may work great. Only time will tell with that though. I gotta gain trust in Pam before I would put the boy on her.

I got her directly from Bev. I am so happy with how this turned out, that I think Bev is going to get my shopping lists for horses from now on! Hope that’s okay Bev!

No comments:

Post a Comment