Monday, December 14, 2009

Jan 28, 2008 (Introduction)

We have a 7 year old Belgian Mare named Lilly. She is bred and we
will hopefully have a baby join us this spring. Besides Lilly, we
have a goat, chickens, ducks, geese, dogs, cats, doves, and a rabbit.

Lilly is our first horse ever, so we're learning as we go. So far she
is sweet as can be and she and I have developed quite a bond. Since
she is pregnant I just walk her a little on lead, and brush/groom her
a lot. My favorite thing about her is how I can reach up and give
her a scratch right behind her ears. She seems to love this, and will
lower her head and set it right into my chest. Like I said before,
she is a sweetie. My friends laugh at how I can call her like a dog
from anywhere and she will come running. Before we got her I had
heard that draft horses have a very pleasant disposition, and I fully
see that now. I couldn't be happier with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment