Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Apr 30, 2008 - Fly Spray

So I had to comment on this fly spray mixture that y'all recommend. I
mixed a spray bottle with half applecider vinegar, and half listerine.
I sprayed Lily down one night really good. The next morning, she was
covered in flies. So I sprayed her down again. When I came home from
work, she was covered again. I also noticed that she was developing
what looked like welts all over her sides and back. My friend told
that these are fly bites. My concoction didn't have the SSS, but man,
how often do you have to use that stuff??

So I felt so bad for Lily that I went to the feed store. I got some
"Zonk It" for 8 bucks. The active ingredient is permethrin(.5%).
That stuff is great! I sprayed it 2 days ago and Lily had 2-3 small
flies buzzing around her today. I talked to my friend that has cows
and he said that permethrin is the magic fly stuff, and that you can
just get the cheapest fly spray that has it as the active ingredient.
I'm sold, but figured I'd post here to see if there was some
unwritten rule about permethrin being bad for drafts or anything. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment