Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Oct 10, 2009 - Saturday Part 4 - The wagon ride


About this time, my poor frantic wife came out. Apparently it was time for the wagon ride, and she had been unable to get in touch with me through that whole ordeal.

I gave Lily about a 30 minute break, then hooked everything back up, and hooked her to the wagon. Since this was the first time being hooked to this wagon, it took a bit as I checked, double checked, and triple checked all my connections.

As I tried hooking the shafts to the harness, I noticed how weak the leather was there. SO ... the southern engineer in me came out. I used a motorcycle ratchet stap to attach the shafts to the saddle. I'll post pictures later ... please try not to laugh at the ugly motorcycle straps holding the shafts up. :)

After hooking things up, and walking her in a good circle pulling the wagon, I was content that things were good. I then hopped on the wagon, and went for my first ride on the new wagon. It was AWESOME!!! So awesome!!! Lily seemed releived to be pulling something light, and went right to work being the awesome hitch horse she is.

After my initial test ride, I decided things were okay for the wagon ride.

The kiddo's all climbed aboard, and off we went. It was sooo fun, and so awesome. The kids had a ball, and found all the ghosts.

I'm so excited to have my wagon done, and to be able to use it now. It put a nice cherry on top of the day.

I'll post pics asap!

No comments:

Post a Comment