Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Oct 5, 2009 - Pop Quiz

What makes no noise, and can level a bunch of trees, opening up an area that horses are not supposed to get into suddenly available to them?

Give up? The answer is PAM! This morning I saw the horses in my neighbors pasture. So I give a whistle to see how they got over there. Once again, I have to brag on Lily. I’ve had horses over here that got out of my pasture, and when you call, they can’t ever come back the way they got out in the first place. Good ol’ Lily has a great memory and I watched her come running, towards me, and suddenly remember how to get back. The area they got through, was THICK trees. I always figured they would not pass through that, and Lily never has. When Pam got back to me, her sides show where the trees squoze her tight as she marched through, making a path for Lily.

Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. They’ve got barbed wire in the way now, and so far, they have never challenged that successfully. J

And just FYI … this last Saturday I got the shafts for my wagon fabricated. I spend yesterday grinding down the welds, and decking the wagon itself. I’m soooo close to being done now!!! My son has a birthday this Saturday, and his birthday party is a Ghostbuster themed one. My wife wanted to take the kids on a Ghost hunt. She asked me if I could have the wagon ready for it. It just so happens that my pasture and my neighbors have round bales all over them that have not been gathered. We’re going to put some ghost pictures on the bales, and then I’m going to take the kids on a hay ride weaving through them so they can “shoot” the ghosts. My wife is full of awesomely creative idea’s like that. I just gotta get things ready by Wednesday so Lily and I can do a few test runs to make sure she knows that the ghosts are not going to eat HER!

No comments:

Post a Comment