Thursday, December 17, 2009

Lily looking pretty!


I just found a picture I figured I'd share. Before I took Lily to be in the Greenville Christmas parade, I spent some time giving her a bath and making sure she looked gorgeous.

First I took the hair clippers to her, and I shaved off her beard (for lack of better words), whiskers around her mouth and eyes, and then I also clipped her bridle path really short. Usually she hates me clipping her bridle path. She surprised me this time by not really caring. It was nice.

After the hair cut, she got a bath. I ran the hose on her, and I used a kind of curry comb that I got for her while the water was on her. So she got scrubbed too. I was doing this cuz when we went on the test run, even though I had brushed her very thoroughly, she still had some dust coming up from her bottom coat and getting on the harness.

I used a squeegie to remove most the water, and then combed her mane and tail out. I even used show sheen or something like that so that her hair looked nice.

The results can be seen above. The picture is a little dark, but this is probably the cleanest she gets!

No comments:

Post a Comment