Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Apr 19, 2009 - Riding/Driving



So this saturday I got to do two of my favorite things! I rode the motorcycle to Paris, and then I spend some time driving Lily on a cart.

The picture of the blue bonnets was more impressive in real life. The field behind the bike seemed enveloped by them. Very pretty. It was a rainy day, but it was an awesome ride!

Lily did really great! Her only hangup I've been able to find has involved the initial spraying of a hose, or a spray bottle. I was a bit hesitant to work her in wet conditions, but then I thought about it more, and figured it might be just the ticket to cure her of it. We got the harness on Lily, and had her hooked up to the cart and then it started raining hard. So we walked her into a barn and waited for the rain to pass.

She did remarkable. Once the rain stopped, we hit the road. Roger was more an observer on this outing, and I did everything. So much fun. Hope the picture comes though. The cart we were using is a stud cart made in Canada. It was great. With the height of the wheels, you sit flat, and can see over the Belgian driving. :) Roger has some Amish connections and thinks we can build a cart like that pretty easy. So I may be buying some wheels and shafts from the Amish, and then build the rest with the help of Roger.

It was a great day. Had lots of fun. I just realized that in the evening I got to play a concert with the band I'm in, so I guess that makes 3 of my favorite hobbies in one day. Days like that don't come very often! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment