Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Jul 6, 2008 - Buck is sold

This was from Buck's new owner:

Well Buck is home with me after a very very Long night ... on the
trip he stressed VERY BAD to the point i really thought we were not
gonna make it with him ... he was on his back in the trailer .. I DO
NOT WANT TO EVER SEE THAT AGAIN.. we got him off the trailer and was
running back and fourth to get water bottles full of water pouring
them over him FINALLY he got up and got calmed down ... Tim Had to
come with Lily to get him totally calm once Lily and Tim were there
he climbed right into the trailer with Lily.. Tim (a wonderful guy)
for those who dont know Drove Lily and Buck all the way to my house
(2 Hours) but wait let me say we stopped to get something to drink
where the police pulled us over because the lights on MY trailer were
not working so Tim had to crawl under my truck and fix the lights and
back on the road we went ... when we got there we put Lily and Buck
in a stall gave them water and a little food a bucket and some
Electrolytes for Buck ..LOL LILY HATED THAT.. they got calm and once
again poor Tim was on the road I dont think he got back until like
5:30 this morning ..to finish off my night i have a 17 yearold son
who was locked out of the house (his fault) had to be at work at 6 am
but still needed to wash his uniform ..so i sent him to bed and i
washed his clothes then i FINALLY got to bed at about 4 myself .. to
get back up at 5:30 to take him to work ... so i couldnt go back to
sleep had to check on Buck ... OMG he is doing great this morning ..
he is running around playing with the dogs ... introducing himself to
the other horses and tryin to make sure they all know he is going to
be new new boss of the heard SOOOO FUNNY..anyway after that NASTY
NIGHT i finally have Buck Home and i couldnt be more happy ...THANKS
TIM ..LOL im so sure he has his own side of the story..

My comments:
Actually ... I think you nailed the story. I'm really happy that Buck is with you. The place you have him is great, and he will do great there.

The hardest part for me with this story was that I had to watch Lily say goodbye twice. The first time (when Tammy and Penny left my house) as soon as Bucks whinnys were out of range, she jerked her head, broke the lead rope, and took off running. The second time, she was in the trailer all alone, and could here Buck hollering from the barn. If I said I didn't shed a tear in this ordeal I'd be lying. Buck was my first baby, and he'll always be my boy. I'm just glad he is going to such a great home.

There was a funny side note to the story. When Lily was in the trailer alone, she started doing her motherly calls for Buck. There was a pen that had 5-6 baby horses (all under a year) and every one of those babies was in the corner closest to Lily, as if to say "Are you my mom?". It was pretty cute.

I got to see Sampson last night. That guy is HUGE!!! He is sweet as can be, and Tammy has done great things with him. He lifted his front feet for me with no problems and just loves being scratched (especially on his tail right where the tail attaches to his butt. He is going to be a great horse and I'm sure he and Buck will have plenty of fun together.

I told Tammy that I expect to see pictures and updates for the group so that I can follow my boys progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment