Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Dec 3, 2009 - From the mouth of Pam (the Belgian mare)

Hi everyone. So nice to talk to such great folks. I figured I’d tell you a little story.

Well the other night Lily and I hear the whistle for food, and so up to the feed bins we went. We love the feed we get, especially this time of year cuz it has a little more molasses in it. Yum Yum! I noticed right away that things were different, cuz Tim was a bit chinchy on the feed. 1 scoop only? For muah? I knew he was up to something though, cuz as soon as Lily and I were eating, he closed the gates to our stalls.

Well Tim got this big ol’ white trailer. And here he came with it. With the food gone, I figured it might be good to get out of the rain, and have a little adventure. Lily agreed, and we both loaded in the trailer with no problem. Lily went in first, and then I stood behind her. I always stand behind Lily everywhere we go, so this was fine by me.

Well off we went, over the river and through the woods. It was nice to be out of the rain. Tim sure drives slow with us. He’s great!

Next thing I know, the door opens, and there’s Tim. He unties me, and then he proceeds to try and get me to back out of the trailer. Can you believe that. I didn’t see the need, and besides, Lily’s butt was right in front of me where it should be, so I declined his invitation to exit the trailer. Next thing I know, he’s behind me and pulling back. I really hate to not stand behind Lily though. Finally I decided I would do what he wanted, but I was going to surprise him. Rather than just back out (which I can do fine), I was going to do a 180 jump, and then walk out face first. That would’ve been so awesome, but unfortunately, this trailer is only 6 ½ feet wide, and I’m about 7 feet long. My brilliant idea turned bad when I got stuck half way. My back feet kept slipping out from under me, making it hard to get my footing. Finally Tim gave a good pull on my lead rope, which brought my front feet around enough to get back on my feet. Talk about embarrassing. I’m sure glad Lily was tied up front and couldn’t see how that turned out. (I can still hear her snickering).

Well Tim ties me up in the rain (the nerve!) and then he unloads Lily. She is such a show off. He had barely untied her and she began backing out just to show me up. Sometimes she can be annoying to live with!

I watched as Tim and his friend trimmed her feet up. Then back in the trailer she went. Next thing I know, I’m being led over to the guy who was doing the trimming. Fortunately, I’ve given Tim a hard enough time with my feet, so I heard them discussing things. They decided that in the rain, in unfamiliar surroundings would not be the best way to trim me. So back in the trailer I went. Standing back right behind Lily. I really wish I could just but a headrest on the back end of Lily to rest my head.

So then we get back home. Once again, Tim tried and tried to make me back out of the trailer. Do you think I’m going to leave Lily, alone in that trailer??? No way. He tried and tried, and I showed him that this gorgeous 2000 pound body wasn’t budging. One time he almost had me out, but the minute my first foot went down on that ground … brrrrrrrrrr. Back to Lily I went. I got to hand it to Tim … he was persistent. He tried for 20 minutes to get me to back out in the rain with no success. I know he was wet and cold, and I snickered a little about it.

He finally just walked down my side, and pulled the lead rope making me turn 180 degrees. With him pulling my head around, I turned faster then I would’ve liked to, but I didn’t get stuck. The 180 degree jump idea was still cooler. Anyway, so I walked out of the trailer. Once again, Lily has to be a show off and just back out without him even saying a word to her. She is such a brown noser!

I heard Tim in the truck talking to a friend. He said next time he’s going to put a bridle on me, hook up the driving lines, and make me back out that way. Maybe I’ll let him do it that way, but maybe not. I’m also scared that he might load me in first, meaning my head would be nowhere near Lily’s rear. That would be pure torture! Someone call the humane society.

Anyway, that’s my exciting story. Tim has a new harness he’s been putting on Lily. She looks so pretty that I get a little jealous. Tim winked at me though, and told me that this harness will fit me too and that soon I’ll be making use of it. I can’t wait. It’ll be nice to show Lily that other horses look pretty too! Hope y’all are setting up for a very merry Christmas!

Pam

PS – Bev, will you tell Vegas that I miss him and hope to see him again. I sure miss that hunka hunka burnin’ love. My heart is racing just thinking about him!

No comments:

Post a Comment