Monday, December 14, 2009

Apr 11, 2008 - Buck begins to lose baby fuzz


This morning when I was feeding Buck and Lily, I noticed something
different on Buck while I was rubbing him down. I think he is losing
his fuzzy baby fur. I noticed that about an inch around his eyes,
there is no longer any fuzzy hair. Instead there is short dark brown
hair. It almost looks like he has glasses on or something. The short
hair is much darker then the reddish fuzz that covers him. Is this
how it starts? It made me realize how big he is getting.

On another note, yesterday I was out riding through the country, and
we came across a field that had 3 mares, with 3 new babies. One of
the colts had to be a day old. These were just normal horses, and the
first thing I noticed was how thin (narrow) they were. They all
looked so small and cute. When Buck was born he twice as wide as
those babies looked. Is it wrong that when I see stuff like this I
gloat on how much better my draft horses are. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment