Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Aug 11, 2008 - Updates on Lily and Ben

I nearly had pictures to go along with this story, but that didn't
happen. So ... enjoy the story! :)

So it seems like we've had a bajillion days of over 100 degree
temperatures. The horses love when I turn the hose on and just
spray it. It's quite humorous to watch Ben. He will get 1 foot
away from me and then just slowly rotate around so his whole body
gets sprayed down. So far that has been a good way to keep them
cool.

Yesterday Lily decided she wanted more then just a spray of water.
She and Ben were up at the house, and they were at the edge of the
pond. I watched Lily, and she started pawing at the water, and
after she did so, she took a step into the pond. This continued
until she was in the pond, up to her Belly. The then commenced to
use her head to splash around and just kind of frolic around in the
water.

Ben isn't the kind of guy who passes up on a good time, so pretty
soon he was out there with her. The were both just splashing around
and having a grand old time. Then Lily upped the anti. She decided
to lay down. I got to watch as suddenly she disappeared with a huge
splash, followed by her head sticking up out of the water. She
stood back up and left the pond with a "Whew ... that was nice"
look. Followed by Ben, the giant puppy dog. I got a good laugh out
of it. It was only a moment, and by the time I reached for the
camera, it was over.

This got me thinking about all the funny stuff that I miss out on.
I bet our horses do so much funny stuff, but we miss it cuz we
weren't around.

Other news in Ben's road to manhood ... My wife spotted Lily
mounting him. She was pulling into the driveway, and she saw Lily
jump up on him as if she was mounting him. This caused him to fall
down, and run away from her. When my wife told me this, I just
thought ... hmmmm ... I wonder if she is trying to show him what
he's supposed to do. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment