Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Nov 7, 2009 - The Pam Diaries #2

Today was a great day. I spent some time with Pam today. She did pretty good. She needs me to mess with her everyday. She is always willing to do what I want, but she gets very impatient when I try to kep her doing something she doesn't want.

She let me pick up her front feet, barely. I only held them up for a second before I put them back down. She really REALLY does not like that.

I led her around a bunch, working especially on leading her away from the other horses. She settled right in and payed attention to me for the most part.

I was working with her on flexing her neck for me. She did this great the first few times, but it seemed the longer I made her keep doing it, the more agitated she got. The last time I flexed her nose around to her shoulder she moved her head in a way that made me think she was trying to bite me. I tried it again just to see, and she did the same movement, but did not bear teeth at all.

She's sure a sweetheart. Very easy to catch, and willing to do what I want. She just gets bored doing the same thing over and over. I really need to work her more.

Now that I have a trailer, I think I'm going to haul her and Lily to a friends and just hitch them up together. She does well with most things, I think that having her hitched to a great horse would help me to see how much she actually knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment