Monday, December 14, 2009

Feb 20, 2008 - A Baby is born



Good morning everyone! Last night I got quite the surprise. I woke up at 1AM with the dogs going nuts. I got my gun and went outside and saw that Lilly had her baby. Lilly did everthing on her own and everything looks great. The baby had fallen through the hot wire fence and was still completely soaked. So I carried her back to her anxious mother, and took these photos (sorry they are crappy, but it was night). I got to watch the baby nuzzle me, a tree, and a barrell, before finally looking for the milk on mom. The baby is eating fine and both baby and mother are well. Lilly let's me get right up with them and handle the baby.
This was a complete shocker, since I thought she was due in a month. So what do I need to do now? I will be getting up every hour the rest of the night to make sure the baby doesn't fall through the fence again. I'll get some more pictures in daylight. Looks like spring has officially begun for our group.

No comments:

Post a Comment