Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Apr 27, 2009 - More driving


Last friday I went up and did some more driving. As usual, all was well, and I
had a lot of fun.

This time around Roger pulled up his big boy. "Jack" is 19 hands tall, and 10
years old. Roger hooked him up to the stud cart that Lily was using in the last
pictures I posted. This horse was huge! The only part of him that I could see
over was the low spot in the middle of his back.

I got to take him out and down the road, and it seriously felt like I had a
horse as wide as a car in front of me. he was so wide, that his hip bones would
hit the shafts as he walked/trotted, and made the cart go right/left/right/left
with each step. Not as smooth a ride, that's for sure.

I have a pic of me holding Jack and Lily almost nose to nose. Lily looks small
in comparison.

Also ... I just thought I would add a note. Roger purchased Jack from a draft
auction in Missouri. He's 10 years old, and fully broke. The owner had him as
part of a matched team, but his match died (the match was 18 years old). So
what did this horse go for? How much is a 10 year old 19 hand blonde belgian
gelding worth? Roger paid 400 dollars for him. It amazes me how low horse
prices are. Great for the buyer ... bad for the seller!

No comments:

Post a Comment