Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Apr 25, 2008 - Buck's progress

I just got in from working the horses, and boy do I love that little
Buckshot!!

I put my horse tape on him. According to that, he is ~12 hands tall,
and weighs ~325 lbs. His rear end is taller then the front right now.
Kim told me that they look like accordions when they grow, and I'm
seeing it!

Tonight he tied off just fine, and then he got brushed all off. Then
I took my saddle blanket and put it on his back. This was the first
time I've done this with him and I fully expected him to freak out,
but he didn't. He was just kind of "cool" with it. Then I lead him
around for a while with the blanket on. He did great and for the
first time, I was able to lead him without facing him and
sweet-talking him. For the most part I led him like I lead Lily, and
he followed. At the end he had to get popped on the nose cuz he
decided that he needed to lunge forward and bite my arm (Nothing hard,
but not a exploratory nibble either).

I feel so bad for him in that baby coat. By the end of our walk, he
was starting to sweat pretty good.

I have a question. Do Belgians get darker as they get older? I swear
that Lily has come in a lot darker right now with her winter coat gone.

I sprayed both of them down with my Listerine/Apple Cider Vinegar Mix.
There are still a few flied that don't seem to mind it, but it keeps
the masses of them away. I think once Lily realized that this stuff
was keeping the flies off her legs, she was very happy about it. I
sprayed her down real good with the stuff, except on her nipples, cuz
that's where Buck eats. LOL

It was a great night and I've got a smile on my face. Lily is
reaching the part of training where she is trying to resist what I
tell her to do. I'm a persistent bugger though, and she eventually
learns that she can't win with me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment