Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Feb 17, 2009 - Me and the boy riding


















Just thought I’d share some pics of me and the boy out riding. We have a great time! The pics of him on back are from December 2008. The others are of him riding a pony in Jan, and Feb 09.

This isn't my pony. Smokie is a friends. He is 22 years old, with
a few cancer areas. My friend used him for her grand daughter to
ride. Her grand daughter moved for 6 months or so, and she asked me
if I would like to keep him so that Riley could ride with me. She
thought that would be better then keeping the pony at her place
untouched by humans for 6 months.

This pony is worth his weight in gold. He is as cold as a draft
horse and non-exciteable. he walks everywhere. He follows people
or horses just by saying his name. On most of our rides, my son
rarely does anything to actually control the horse. Smokie just
follows all the other horses and stops when they stop. My son is
learning how to control a horse slowly, and it's working out great!

His owner has already made it clear to me that he is not for sale.
I gotta keep an eye out for a good horse just as mellow for my son.
Once this one goes, I'll need another one for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment