Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Small Sled is built





Tonight's accomplishment was to pretty much finish the small sled I've been working on.  I'm pretty happy with it.  The runners are cedar 4x8's (actually, 2 cedar 2x8s nailed and glued together).  I used treated 4x4s as the cross timbers between the runners.  I just planked it with a bunch of leftover 2x6's I had from building something else around the house.  All the planking on the bottom is 4 foot wide.  I think this is going to work out pretty nice.

Does anyone have any idea's on the seat?  I was thinking of using an old bus bench, but it sits so low on the sled, that I'd have to somehow raise it 2 feet.  I'd love to have an old tractor seat or something, but have no idea where you even find something like that.  Anyone have any ideas?  I'm even okay with just having something to lean back on.

I'm going to stain the wood red like my wagon, and then seal it just to keep the wood in good shape.

Now instead of dragging a tire, I'll get to stand on a sled.  Woo Hoo for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment