Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Using my new Liverpool bit

So yesterday it was actually above freezing, so I decided to work Lily a bit.  I got a new stainless Liverpool bit (non-jointed) and I wanted to see how Lily responded to it.  This was also going to give me the chance to harness Lily up with her new collar.

Lily sure tongued that bit.  She’s used to a plain snaffle bit.  She sat tonguing and tonguing the bit, however, her response was AWESOME!  She was sooo light on the reigns.  I put the bit on her with the grooves up (since I figured that was the mildest), and hooked the reigns to the actual rings so they were on the mildest position.  An awesome bit for sure!  Lily did great on it.  I’m sooo thankful to my friend Pat for turning me on to that bit.

The new collar was great to.  It fits Lily great and after a few good pulls in it, it will be perfect.  The day was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment