Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Sled Work

Yesterday after work I got home with a few hours of daylight left, so I decided to work the girls to make sure they're ready for this Saturday at Equifest.  They did great.  I am completely spoiled with my horses.  To hitch up to the sled, they have to stand facing away from the fence, and they have to stay still while I do the hitching without anyone holding their heads.  They both did so great for me.  Ask for a step over, they give it, ask for a step back, they give it, all while not pacing to get going.  I LOVE this team!  Enjoy the pics.

My view.  For sled work I don't use the spreaders, I just use a small  hame ring extension.

Standing for a break
Stepping off and working well.

From the front.  2 pretty ladies and a happy teamster

Rachael and Pam taking a break.  It was very windy.

Another view of Rachael and Pam
Great way to spend the hours after work.  The girls did great and we're ready for Equifest.  While working, the UPS man pulled up, and I got my last parts for the mower.  I'll talk about that in a separate post.

No comments:

Post a Comment