Monday, April 25, 2011

Getting hands on!

Just thought I'd give a little update on my progress with Whinny.  I'm having success.  Life has me busy as can be, but twice a day I walk out to the fence and talk with her for a few minutes.  She is letting me rub her now.  It was really neat to see the progress that the joining up technique gave me.  She'll walk up to me now, and when I reach up, she will quickly side-pass her back to my hand so that I rub her back and her rump.  She LOVES to be scratched on her back.  :)  Having some good success.

The other girls are happily eating nice green first growth grass.  They don't know it, but this weekend the team will probably be working.  My friend Pat might be cutting wheat this week, and if he does, we're going to rake it with horses.  I'll bring my team and forecart to his place and we'll have two rakes going.  Should be fun.  I'm really looking forward to it.  If these big spring thunderstorms would just stop.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment