Saturday, April 3, 2010

Changes to my wagon

Give me a nice sunny day, with nothing to do, and I'm a happy camper!  First I finally fixed the trailer brakes on the goosneck trailer (which ended up being broken wires in the actual brakes), and then I worked on my wagon.  Check out the pictures to see what I did.  First I added a new drivers seat.  This is a bench seat out of a 2004 Ford van.  I attached it with chains and it worked really good.  It is much softer than the 2x12 I used to sit on, so I'm really excited about it.  Next, I decided that it was time to add some benches to the back of the wagon.  This went pretty quick.  I'm pretty happy with the results too.  The wagon is filthy and needs a good washing.  After I do that, I'm going to stain all the parts that are not stained.  Then the wagon will look really nice.  I also worked on the brakes.  I'm halfway done with the fabrication.  The brakes now sit in the correct spot, held up by a spring.  So now I just have to fabricate the actual lever that is going to push the pads down on the tires.

I also worked on my harnesses, but I'll add another blog entry for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment