Sunday, February 21, 2010

Not much new, working as I can

With all the moisture and cold, not a lot has been going on.  Today I did work with Pam a bit.  She is getting much better with her feet, and I think she is slowly starting to enjoy the love and attention shown to her.  Today I actually sat on her back for the first time, and she didn't complain about it at all.  I LOVE the cold blood in these awesome horses.

My big news is that this next week I may get to go to the Gordyville sale.  Gordyville (or the Mid-American horse sale) is held once a year and is where the best of the best in registered Belgians and Percherons can be found.  My friend Pat invited me to go with him, and I'm hoping my work will let me go.  I would love to go and see for myself what the high dollar horses look like (what traits and conformation are desirable).

Another great thing about going to this sale would be the chance to get to meet a friend who actually has a horse from one of her mares selling.  Pam Johnson is a wonderful person and a great spokesperson for the Belgian breed.  You can check out her website at www.sandrockbelgians.com.  I hope to get to meet her face to face.  Pam has been a member of the yahoogroup I have been in since I got Lily, and her advice has helped me through many things.

Hopefully my next post will be all about how wonderful the sale was.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment