Monday, July 22, 2013

New Hub installed on the #9 Sickle Mower

Over the weekend I got out and installed the new hub on my mower.  My friend Pat was up in Amish country and found a store that had all kinds of new mower parts.  I'll post the info later when I have it on hand.  Very glad to have it all back together.  In order to jack it up, I had to use some of my southern engineering.  Easy to jack up a mower with some wood and a knowledge of how the teter-totter works.  :)  Now I'm ready to finish cutting the field.  YAY!

EDIT:  Here's the information on the parts place where the new hub was purchased.

Mullet's Machinery & Parts LLC - Reconditioning Horse Drawn Manure Spreaders & Mowers
6870 S. State Route 5
Topeka, IN 46571

LeRoy, Leon, LaVern
Phone: 260-593-2960
Fax: 260-593-0551

There it is.  The new hub, with new key pin and axle pin.  You can see where the actual wheel broke in places when the hub broke.

Now here's how you jack up your mower using scrap wood from the back of the truck.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment