Thursday, June 28, 2012

What my #9 mower paint will look like

I found a picture that is kinda close to what I am expecting my mower to look like.
This is kinda what I'm going for.  Blue sickle bar, red mower, blue seat stem.  My wheels will be all white though, no blue around them.  This mower is a McCormick Deering #7, but it is very close to my mower.

I am posting this next picture, because I'm pretty sure this is what my mower looked like before I got it.  If you look close, you can see that the earth has built up and buried many of the parts on this mower.  Rest assured, that the moisture in the dirt, is eating away at that metal, pitting it, and making it rust horribly.  This is why so many of my parts, especially the yoke, pitman, and such, were unusable.

This is a McCormick Deering #7.  See how many of the parts are buried in the dirt ... this will make someone's life very difficult if they were to ever want to restore it into usable shape.


IH #9 Mower Page

1 comment:

  1. I found a couple of the cutting blades for that deering no.7 a while back in one of picks.

    ReplyDelete