Sunday, September 25, 2011

Not much to tell, but an update none the less.

Temps are finally cooling down!  HOORAY!!!

Today I did some work on my mower.  I was able to get more of it broken down, and was able to take a peak at the gears.  I'm very excited.  No shavings.  The gears look good.  I thought the clutch may be stuck engaged, but found out that it was the lowring mechanism that was holding the clutch in.  Once I figured that out, I was able to check the gear action.  Everything is tight, and turning nicely.  This was great news!

I promise that tomorrow I will get some pictures.  It was dark when I thought about it, so I didn't grab any.  Tomorrow I'll post pictures of where I'm at and what I've done so far.

The herd is doing well.  Buck is fitting in very nicely.  The mares make him mind his manners, but are accepting him now.  He, of course, helps this by staying out of their way.  I have a happy herd, and that is a plus.

Right now I'm trying to find hay.  It is scarce.  I'm looking towards Arkansas and Mississippi to see if I can find it priced well enough to justify a road trip with a 40 foot trailer.  If anyone reads this and knows of anything, let me know.  I'd surely appreciate it (as will the horses).  :)

I'm also looking for a yoder stock.  It's times like these that I wish I lived up in Amish country.  I think I may have to use my networking skills to get one.  We'll see how it goes.

I'm confirmed to do Christmas wagon rides this Christmas again on Park Street in Greenville, TX.  I'm very happy to be doing that.  It's a lot of fun.

That's it for now.  I'll post some pictures of the mower tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment