Monday, November 1, 2010

Using the team on the road, and pictures from the past.

I had such a great weekend!!  Last Friday night, I went up to Roger's place and picked up my wagon.  Roger made some modifications to the wagon for me.  When I saw his work in person, I was in awe.  Roger has such a talent at creating things with metal.  The way he engineered my brakes was perfect.  I'm so happy with his work.

I bet you can guess what I did Saturday.  :)  I went out on the road with the girls.  Roger spaced the team pole perfectly.  It was easy to hook up the girls and then I hit the road.  I ended up driving 5 miles, which took 1 1/2 hours.  Anyone Traveling east on I-30 past Campbell probably saw me.  It was a great day and I'm sure you could see my grin from miles around.

I will probably use both the girls in the Greenville Christmas parade.  To make sure I do this without a problem, I'm going to see about getting a header to ride with me.  His job will basically be to be ready to jump out of the wagon, and grab Pam's lead rope, if required.  Rachael is bomb proof, but I'm cautious with Pam.  I had a hard time predicting her behavior in stuff and am going to make sure that I do everything I can to ensure safety.

A friend sent me some pictures this weekend.  This past summer, I went on a pioneer handcart trek re-creation with my church.  I was a horse wrangler and helped take care of all the horses being used.  They also used me as an Indian chief in one of the skits they did.



One evening, a bunch of us horse people went swimming with the horses.  This was the first time for me and Rachael, but she did great.  Enjoy the pics!





No comments:

Post a Comment