Saturday, November 10, 2012

Painting my IH #9 Mower

With the machine broke down, and each individual part being prepped, the paint can start.  I'm using rattle cans and I'm very satisfied with how it is working.  The pictures below show most of what I have done at this point.

This is how I typically did it.  I prepped enough parts to fill a table top (all the same color), and then I painted them all at the same time.
Here are some parts that are complete and ready to be put back on the mower.  Sickle bar, wheel hubs, pitman arm, sickle bar shoes, and more
One wheel done.  Wheels are a pain in the ass to prep.  They sure look good after they get painted though.
Painting the seat, yoke, clutch pedal, pitman shaft, and a few other parts
The stem of the seat will be painted blue, so I taped it to keep it from getting painted red
Another view of the first coat of paint
Complete.  These parts are now painted (besides the blue stem on the seat)
I painted the bottom of the frame first.  Here it is, looking so much better than before
Another view of the bottom of the frame
And here is the top of the frame.  Note that the axyles were taped to try and keep paint off them.

Another View of the top of the frame.


IH #9 Mower Page

No comments:

Post a Comment