Monday, May 7, 2012

New Team Spreader Configuration


2 sets of spreaders for this configuration

If you recall, I posted last November about a new team spreader configuration I had been told about from a really knowledgeable teamster out of the Samson Harness Shop.  I wrote a blog about it here.  The idea was that this trick would eliminate the cross check lines from being able to fall below the team pole and get hung up.  When you do a lot of work by yourself on the  hitch, this is a pretty neat idea.

I finally got a little extra change in my pocket, so I called Samson Harness Shop, and ordered the stuff I needed to try this.  I tried it for the first time at Pat's house when I raked hay this past weekend.

Can you say AWESOME!!!  I was in heaven.  The horses didn't noticed a difference at all, but I sure did.  The cross check line never dropped below their shoulder.  I loved it.  It also really helps spread the horses out so you can see where you are going while on the forecart.

If you like having the horses spread out more, but want to keep that checkline from getting hungup under the end of the team pole, I'd recommend this configuration.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I has read your blog and got a lot of information about "Spreaders". Really I was looking for this kind of blog to gain some information regarding the "Harrows". I will definitely like to read more from you on "Mulchers". This blog is very helpful for all the person related to this field. Thanks a lot for your post. It is very helpful for me.

    ReplyDelete