Friday, March 4, 2011

My first ride in the new forecart!

With new toys to play with, and new harnesses to try out, I couldn't let the week pass without trying out my new stuff.


Yesterday I got Rachael out and fitted her with her new biothane harness.  These things are made for HUGE horses.  I had to add new holes to the market straps and quarter straps.  I have every other strap set at it's smallest hole.  I may have to get new hames too.  Rachael has a 24 inch collar.  I have the hame straps adjusted so that only a buckle is between the hames, and it was pretty good.  Smaller hames would be a good thing.  Either that, or I size up my 24 inch collars and get collar pads. 

Rachael was a dream, as usual.  We got all hooked up, and went for a ride.  It was great.  I'm really liking this cart.  Going to be fun!!

2 comments:

  1. Just checking but do you have a second belly band for the cart shaft holders? I can't tell from the picture,,I am talking from experience. You need to that band to keep the shafts from being able to bounce UP, also, the ends of the shafts should be closer to her shoulder, you should back the cart up to make this adjustment. Enjoy! Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Claire! Those shaft holders do have the girth strap under them. I remember your experience from last year! :) I agree on the shaft lengths, but I'm at the end of my tugs. ;) This was just a quick ride on the new cart. Next time you see it, the team pole will be attached and I'll have the team in front of it. Good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete