Thursday, August 26, 2010

Cool Temps are back!!!

Well, at least for today.  Yesterday we got some rain and a cold front.  Temps dropped to the 80s and it was such a nice relief from the heat.  However, not having that burning feeling while being outside, got the hitch fire burning again.  It's time to get those horses working again.

Good news came from a phone call the other day.  I am wanted for wagon rides the 2nd and 3rd weekends in December.  In Greenville, TX, there is a historic street called "Park Street".  Every year they decorate their houses all pretty and give wagon rides on the Friday and Saturday nights before Christmas.  This is a real sweet deal for me and I've been invited to do it all 4 nights.  They really want a wagon that seats 15 people.  To me, this means I need to be on the look out for a larger wagon, and more importantly, I need to have the team ready.  Rachel is not a worry, but Pam is going to have to get some miles under her.  I'm real excited about this.  last year I got to do it for one night, and it was awesome.  Looking forward to it.

I'm also looking to begin actively pursuing my goal of haying my field with my horses.  This is tough though, because I need the equipment to do this, starting with a mower.  If anyone knows of a horse drawn mower here in Texas that is up for sale, please let me know.  I also need a good forecart so that I can pull other implements too.  Keep your eyes open for me and let me know if you find something that is within a half a day's drive to me.  :)

When I harness the girls up next, they'll be using their new liverpool straight shaft bits instead of the twisted wire bits that came with the harnesses.  I'm excited for this.  I've been really impressed with the liverpool bits and love the control that they give.  I just hope Pam and Rachel don't complain too much.  :)

Hooray for fall almost being here.  Time for this lazy boy to get outside and get busy again.  Summer break is OVER!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment